- 11/20/2014: APPLICANT: Qrivit, LLC
PROJECT LOCATION: Section 9, Township 12 south, Range 24 west in Shawnee, Johnson County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: The applicant proposes to permanently grade and fill approximately 700 linear feet of ephemeral stream and 0.33 acres of jurisdictional wetlands for a single family residential development referred to as Cobblestone Development.
Expiration date: 12/20/2014
- 11/18/2014: APPLICANT: City of Olathe Public Works
LOCATION: Section 24, Township 12 south, Range 22 east in Johnson County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: The applicant proposes to grade and excavate a 1.1 acre jurisdictional wetland. The purpose of the project, as stated by the applicant, is to create a retention basin for storage of lime residuals removed during the water treatment process.
Expiration date: 12/9/2014
- 11/13/2014: APPLICANT: City of Lawrence, Kansas
PROJECT LOCATION: Adjacent wetlands of Coal Creek, Sections 20 and 21, Township 13 south, Range 20 east, in the city of Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: The applicant proposes to place fill material within waters of the United States for the modification of the existing E1600 Road from N1100 Road to N1175 Road.
Expiration date: 12/4/2014
- 11/5/2014: This notice announces an amendment to the Missouri Conservation Heritage Foundation Stream Stewardship Trust Fund In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Program.
In-Lieu Fee Sponsor: Missouri Conservation Heritage Foundation
This public notice applies to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Districts in the State of Missouri who have approved the operation of the ILF program in their respective District, which includes the Kansas City, St. Louis, Little Rock and Rock Island Districts. The ILF Sponsor proposes to amend their ILF program instrument by adding the Grand/Chariton Rivers Ecological Drainage Unit (EDU) into their operational area. This geographic and ecologic based watershed unit would serve as an additional program service area where the Sponsor could assume stream mitigation obligations on behalf of Department of the Army permit recipients and fulfill the mitigation obligation through stream and/or riparian restoration, establishment, enhancement, or preservation.
Expiration date: 12/5/2014
Turkey Creek Basin
- 11/4/2014: The Turkey Creek Basin Project is a flood risk reduction project located in Kansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri that has been under construction since 2008. It is being constructed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District (USACE) in partnership with the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas (Unified Government) and the City of Kansas City, Missouri. The project is authorized under Section 10(a)(24) of the Water Resources Development Act of 1999 and modified by Division D Section 123 of the Consolidated Appropriations Resolution of 2003. An existing Environmental Assessment was completed in 2003 and the project has been under construction in phases since 2008. Now, several modifications have been proposed to the design of the final phase of the project in order to improve constructability of an authorized storm water interceptor and to improve the effectiveness of a previously constructed levee. The final phase of the project is anticipated to begin construction in 2015 and to be completed in 2018.
The Corps is soliciting public comments on the draft Supplemental Environmental Assessment and FONSI during a 30-day review period that opens November 4, 2014 and will close December 3, 2014.
Expiration date: 12/3/2014