- 10/28/2014: APPLICANT: Hermann Sand & Gravel, Inc.
PROJECT LOCATION: In the Gasconade River, upstream from the Highway 100 Bridge, between river miles 1.0 and 3.3 in Sections 11, 14, 15 and 16, Township 45 north, Range 6 west, Gasconade County, Missouri.
ACTIVITY: The hydraulic or mechanical dredging of sand and gravel and direct discharge of water and fines. The dredging will consist of a maximum of 10,000 cubic yards of sand and gravel per year with offsite processing at a nearby gravel plant (Missouri River mile 96.9).
Expiration date: 11/18/2014
- 10/24/2014: BANK SPONSOR: Swallow Tail, LLC
PROJECT LOCATION: The subject site is approximately 200 acres adjacent to the Neosho River in Section 22, Township 31 south, Range 21 east, Labette County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: Swallow Tail, LLC owns approximately 200 acres of land that it proposes to establish into a compensatory mitigation bank.
Expiration date: 11/23/2014
Definition of Waters of U.S. - Comment Period Extended
- 10/14/2014: On 21 April 2014, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) and the Corps of Engineers (Corps) published for public comment a proposed rule defining the scope of waters protected under the Clean Water Act (CWA), in light of the U.S. Supreme Court cases in U.S v. Riverside Bayview, Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (SWANCC), and Rapanos v. United States (Rapanos). The proposed rule was developed to enhance protection for the nation’s public health and aquatic resources, and increase CWA program predictability and consistency by increasing clarity as to the scope of "waters of the United States" protected under the Act. This notice is to announce that the comment period has been extended through November 14, 2014.
Expiration date: 11/14/2014
- 9/25/2014: APPLICANT: Ford County, Kansas
PROJECT LOCATION: OS Bridge #56 crosses Mulberry Creek and is located in the SW 1/4 of Section 14, Township 28 south, Range 23 west or 3 miles west and 2.4 miles south of Ford, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: Ford County is proposing to replace the existing 2 span, 85 foot steel truss bridge with a 7 foot by 38 foot corrugated metal pipe culvert.
Expiration date: 10/16/2014
- 9/5/2014: APPLICANT: City of Manhattan
PROJECT LOCATION: The project is located in a tributary to the Kansas River in Section 18, Township 10 south, Range 8 east in Riley County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: Completed Work: The applicant has constructed approximately 3,025 linear feet of decorative masonry retaining walls and concrete ditch lining in a previously ditched tributary to the Kansas River. Proposed Work: The applicant has proposed to construct an additional 500 linear feet of concrete ditch lining in this previously ditched tributary to the Kansas River.
Expiration date: 10/5/2014