- 7/2/2014: APPLICANT: JDC Property Group, LLC
PROJECT LOCATION: Unnamed tributaries to Cedar Creek and their adjacent wetlands in Section 22, Township 14 south, Range 23 east, Olathe, Johnson County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: The applicant has proposed filling 2,266 linear feet of ephemeral stream and 1.78 acres of palustrine emergent wetland during general site grading activities in order to construct a warehouse building for Federal Express.
Expiration date: 8/2/2014
- 7/1/2014: APPLICANT: Missouri Department of Conservation
PROJECT LOCATION: The project is located in Amarugia Lake in the Amarugia Highlands Conservation Area in Section 11, Township 43 north, Range 32 west in Cass County, Missouri.
ACTIVITY: The applicant proposes to perform the following activities: 1) construct seven 12-foot by 30-foot submerged gravel rock islands to create fish spawning areas; 2) construct an exposed 30-foot diameter rock/log island to act as a wildlife refuge for amphibians, reptiles and fish; 3) install two 10-foot wide by 75-foot long rock jetties and place 925 linear feet of 8-foot wide rock blanket to stabilize the northeastern shoreline of the lake and provide fish habitat and angler access; 4) excavate 48,405 cubic yards of sediment to deepen the lake’s shoreline and create channels for fishing; 5) replace the existing lake drainage structure in the dam with a 24-inch corrugated metal pipe for lake level management; and 6) plant 450 linear feet of shoreline with wetland vegetation.
Expiration date: 7/22/2014
- 6/19/2014: APPLICANT: SVV 1, LLC
PROJECT LOCATION: Unnamed tributaries to Marshall Creek, in Section 1, Township 11 south, Range 23 east, Wyandotte County, Kansas.
ACTIVITY: The applicant proposes to place fill into four separate ephemeral streams and one intermittent stream for a total of 3,823 linear feet and to fill 0.89 acres of wetlands for construction of the Legends Automotive Complex.
Expiration date: 7/19/2014
Cranberry Bend Missouri River Recovery Project
- 6/13/2014: JOINT PUBLIC NOTICE: This public notice is issued jointly with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Water Pollution Control Program. The Missouri Department of Natural Resources will use the comments to this notice in deciding whether to grant Section 401 water quality certification. Commenters are requested to furnish a copy of their comments to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, P.O. Box 176, Jefferson City, Missouri 65102.
Expiration date: 7/12/2014
Manhattan Kansas Levee Study
- 6/13/2014: The purpose of the overall study of the existing levee was to determine whether one or more plans for improvements to reduce flood risk and improve levee reliability is technically viable, economically feasible, and environmentally acceptable, or if no action is warranted. Failure of any part of the existing flood risk management system during a major flood would have significant adverse impacts on the human environment including property damage and potential loss of human life.
Expiration date: 7/13/2014