Approximately 240 USACE recreation projects nationwide began issuing America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Interagency Passes on Jan. 1, 2016. These include:
1) Interagency Senior Pass, $80, valid for lifetime of the pass owner and available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents age 62 or older.
2) Interagency Senior Annual Pass $20, valid one year from month of purchase, available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents 62 or older, the Senior Annual Pass can be upgraded to the Lifetime Senior Pass by exchanging four previously purchased Senior Annual Passes or paying the difference between the purchase of one to three Senior Annual Passes to equal the value of the Senior Lifetime Pass, $80.
3) Access Pass, free for lifetime with documentation of permanent disability for U.S. citizens or permanent residents. *Documentation required.
4) Interagency Annual Pass, $80, anyone can purchase this pass.
5) Interagency Military Pass, free to current U.S. military members and their dependents, gold star families, and veterans. *Documentation Required.
6) Interagency Every Kid in a Park 4th Grade Pass, free to current 4th grade students with valid Every Kid in a Park voucher (visit: www.everykidinapark.gov for details).
7) Interagency Volunteer Pass, earned with 250-plus hours of volunteer service on public lands.
These passes allow their holders free access to boat launches and swimming beaches managed by USACE. Senior and Access America the Beautiful passes also provide holders a 50 percent discount on campsites at USACE-managed campgrounds. Additionally, USACE will continue to sell its own annual day use pass for $40, which allows visitors free access to boat launches and swimming beaches managed by USACE.
All America the Beautiful passes can be purchased online at http://store.usgs.gov/recreational-passes. There is an additional $10 processing fee for online purchases. They can also be obtained in person at many locations which can be found at https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pickup-pass-locations.htm. Please call ahead to ensure the office is open to the public and to ensure pass availability.