Project History, Post-Construction History
Floods and Droughts, Naming of Tuttle Creek Dam
Tuttle Creek Dam and Lake are named for Tuttle Creek, a small stream flowing into the Big Blue River from the west about three miles upstream from the dam.
Tuttle Creek was named for Henry Tuttle, a veteran of the War with Mexico (1846). He received a veteran’s Letters Patent in 1860 to eighty acres of land along the north side of the creek, less than two miles above its mouth.