DUE TO COVID-19, ALL CORPS MANAGED CAMPGROUNDS ON TRUMAN LAKE WILL REMAIN CLOSED THROUGH JUNE 1, 2020. BEGINNING JUNE 2, CAMPING WILL BE BY-RESERVATION ONLY at www.recreation.gov; RESERVATIONS MAY BE MADE ON THE SAME DAY AS ARRIVAL WITH CAMPER'S OWN DEVICE. FOR THE PROTECTION OF CAMPERS AND PARK ATTENDANTS, NO RESERVATIONS MAY BE MADE AT THE PARK ATTENDANT BOOTHS. RESTROOM FACILITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE BEGINNING JUNE 2; HOWEVER, SELF-CONTAINED CAMPING IS ENCOURAGED. PRIMITIVE SITES WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PLEASE CONTACT INDIVIDUAL MARINAS, AS WELL AS TRUMAN STATE PARK, FOR INFORMATION ON THEIR AVAILABLE CAMPING/LODGING ACCOMMODATIONS.
Campers will find a variety of campgrounds conveniently located around the shoreline of Truman Lake. Most campgrounds have paved roads, shower buildings, laundry facilities, and level campsites. Flush toilets and shower buildings are seasonal. Many sites have electricity, fire rings, picnic tables, frost-free hydrants nearby, and lantern hanging posts.
Corps of Engineers Campground Rules:
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This includes turning off radios and generators at 10:00 p.m. Visitors are not permitted during this time.
- All pets must be kept on a 6 foot leash at all times.
- You may have 3 tents OR a wheeled camping unit and 2 tents on a site.
- All vehicles must remain on paved or graveled surfaces. Parking of vehicles on the grass (or what should be grass) is not allowed. Extra parking is available at restroom facilities. Boat trailers may be parked on the grass adjacent to the campsite.
- At the end of your stay please place trash in the dumpsters located at the park entrance.
- Campground roads are for ingress and egress only and are only open to licensed vehicles.
- Dispose of all wastewater and sewage at the sanitary dump station.
- Dead and down wood may be used for firewood. Cutting of standing trees or brush is prohibited.
- Fires must be confined to the fire rings.
- Checkout is at 6:00 p.m. Please check out at the park attendant booth upon departure.
Corps of Engineers Campgrounds
To reserve a campsite at a Corps campground, visit www.recreation.gov.
Berry Bend Park--located on the Osage Arm of Truman Reservoir, approximately 9 miles southwest of Warsaw, Missouri. The park is covered with oak-hickory forest and is essentially a peninsula in a bend of the Osage River. The area is divided in half by a causeway with a campground and swimming beach to the south and a boat ramp, group picnic shelter and equestrian riding area to the north. The park and surrounding area has interesting topography and natural beauty. Berry Bend Campground has 101 electric sites, shower and laundry facilities, and a children’s playground. The park is popular with fishermen.
Bucksaw Park--located on the Grand River Arm of Truman Reservoir, approximately 11 miles southeast of Clinton, Missouri. Facilities include 131 electric sites, 17 nonelectric sites, a swimming beach, shower buildings, laundry facilities, dump station, and playground. The electric campsites offered range from 30 amp electric, 50 amp/water, and 50 amp/water/sewer. Also within the park area is Bucksaw Resort and Marina concessionaire.
Long Shoal Park located on the Grand River Arm of Truman Reservoir approximately 6 miles west of Warsaw, Missouri. Facilities include a modern campground, boat ramp, full service marina concessionaire, group picnic shelter, individual picnic sites, and swimming beach. The campground contains 77 electric sites, 12 nonelectric sites, shower and laundry facilities, and swimming beach. Long Shoal is one of the more popular campgrounds on the lake.
Osage Bluff located near the confluence of the Osage and Pomme De Terre Rivers approximately 6 miles south of Warsaw, Missouri. Facilities include a full service marina and motel concessionaire, boat launching ramps, and campground. The campground has 41 electric sites, 20 nonelectric sites, dump station, shower building, and laundry facilities.
Thibaut Point Park located at the confluence of Little Tebo and Sterett Creeks, approximately 7 miles northwest of Warsaw, Missouri. The park contains a group camping area, 39electric sites (some with 50 amp/water), 5 nonelectric sites, a swimming beach, boat ramp, dump station, shower and laundry facilities, and two picnic shelters.
Concessionaire Campgrounds on Truman Lake