The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the social media websites in its sole discretion, without notice. Comments submitted to these sites will be reviewed and a representative sample may be posted on the Website, or in the case of social networking sites, inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
• To ensure constructive questions, please post only questions directly related and relevant to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District.
• Refrain from posting questions that contain threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
• Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
- Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Promotes services or products (not including noncommercial links that are relevant to the topic)
- Includes any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses)
Operational Security (OPSEC). All personnel (including families and friends of service members) have a responsibility to ensure that no information that might put our military members in jeopardy or would be of use to our adversaries is posted to websites that are readily accessible to the public. Not surprisingly, that information includes, among other things, technical information, operation plans, troop movement schedules, current and future locations of military units and ships, descriptions of overseas bases, details of weapons system, or discussions of areas frequented by service members overseas. Other information that's not as obvious but should also not be discussed in an open forum includes daily military activities and operations, equipment status, unit morale, and results of operations. Any of these topics, if released in an open medium, have the ability to provide our adversaries opportunities to harm our military members.