MELVERN, Kan. --
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Melvern Lake has announced a new reservation policy for the Arrow Rock Campground beginning May 1, 2020. Currently, all campsites in Arrow Rock Campground are 100% reserveable. The new policy will result in several changes for campers at this Corps of Engineers managed park at Melvern Lake.
- Arrow Rock: 100% of the sites at these parks will be reserveable online or pay by phone using a credit or debit card ONLY at www.recreation.gov or 1-877-444-6777. Cash or check will no longer be an accepted form of payment.
- Reservations will no longer be taken at the park attendant booth and the booth will not have regularly staffed hours.
- These campsites will have a zero day reservation window. This will allow for a “walk up” same day visitor to find a site that is unoccupied and not reserved to call in and reserve the site. Recreation.gov will provide the availability of that site for additional days if desired.
- Park volunteers will post reservation tags daily, making contact with campers to verify occupancy, checking passes, issuing arrival tags and boat ramp hang tags.
- Sites may be reserved 180 days in advance.
- All paid sites must be occupied by a camping unit (hard sided camper or tent) during reservation dates.
There will be no changes in reservation policies for Coeur d’Alene, Outlet or Turkey Point campgrounds. These campgrounds will continue to have a staffed park attendant booth with regular hours. Reserveable sites can be booked online at Recreation.gov or by phone at 1-877-444-6777. The park attendants can make reservations for Coeur d’Alene, Turkey Point and Outlet during posted booth hours.
For additional questions, contact the Melvern Lake office at 785-549-3318 and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MelvernLakeUSACE.
Release no. 19-084